If you’ve been involved in a collision, the number one thing insurance companies will try to tell you is that you can’t use any other body shops other than those on their DRP shop list (we have a great article on that you can read about using DRP shops). This is ILLEGAL to force onto customers, but they have another trick. They will tell you you can go ahead and use your choice in bodyshop but that they will not warranty the work if anything happens to it after the repair is done if you use a non listed DRP shop.
In fact, the insurance company never warranties the work any bodyshop does. That’s up to the individual bodyshop and they will only act as a third party. If the body shop moves, closes down, changes name or ownership, there is no longer a warranty the insurance company can offer.
On the other hand, many body shops are currently moving away from being DRP shops simply because the of the way the insurance companies operate and take advantage of their service as well as their customers. Insurance companies always play the friend but behind closed doors they will claw for every last penny they can get from either you, the customer or the bodyshop owner.
Bodyshops that are not affiliated with any insurance companies DRP programs always provide their own warranty, especially when the parts being used are original OEM factory parts.
That’s another tip. Did you know that insurance companies don’t want bodyshops to use original OEM new factory parts in your repairs? They force bodyshops to use aftermarket knockoff parts or used parts from junkyards that have been sitting out in the weather, warping and cracking, becoming brittle and difficult to work with. This is a major issue that comes up in all future repairs, which the insurance company blames on the bodyshop, and tries to make the bodyshop fix at their own expense. In the end, you the customer loses, the bodyshop loses, and the insurance company is the only winner.
Why are we sharing these things with you? At G5 Customs, we have lost count of the amount of customers that have been absolutely shocked when we tell them this information. They recall times when they’ve been pressured by insurance to go a certain way, only to have a sub par job when they get their car back. They are delighted when they find us and know we can handle the insurance company for them at every step of the way.
- We know how to pressure the insurance company to pay quickly so you are not left waiting on repairs to your car.
- We know how to make sure every thing damaged is repaired and only have new factory parts used.
- We warranty our work 100% and you know we will still be in business tomorrow because we’ve been around for over 20 years, since 1996.
- We are a top of the line, Custom Show Car builder, and have built dozens of high quality show cars.
That’s why we get customers from states outside of Arizona bring their vehicles to us, because we provide services and piece of mind others cannot. Try us and see. If you or your loved ones are ever in an an accident, remember G5 Customs before you call your insurance company. We can have your vehicle delivered to us, and we will handle every step of the insurance process for you.
The G5 difference
Now that you know some vital information, how will you decide who repairs your vehicle? What’s more, how will you react when your insurance company insists you follow their repair plan for your vehicle? If you’re still not convinced or not sure what to do, let’s break down what G5 Customs can do for you:
G5 Customs offers
- G5 deals with the insurance company so you don’t have to
- ONLY new factory OEM parts- NO aftermarket parts
- $250 gift card and FREE towing from the accident scene with all comprehensive Insurance claims.
- Free Estimates
- Text and Email updates with all repairs
- G5 assists with your negotiations with your insurance company and rental car agency
- A paint and body team skilled enough to produce show car quality finishes
- A paint booth big enough to paint your Motorhome or limousine
Contact G5 Customs today to experience a difference in auto body repair. We will save you the headache, deal with the insurance company and have your car back in as good as original condition.